Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wrapping party

Goal 100 wreaths! I was truly unsure if we had the time to complete 100 wreaths. Time did not seem to be our problem. We had plenty of hand willing to help. On November 12th we had our first Wreath of love creating party.








Pleasant View Baptist Church Acteens help wrap the straw wreaths during their Wednesday night class. This was a big help.

Our biggest issue was materials. The wreaths are made out of straw wreaths sold at craft stores. I guess they were not counting on one group needing 100 wreaths.

I would go to Michael’s and buy them out and the next day I would hit up Hobby Lobby and buy them out. I did that every few days. This was exhausting and frustrating. These two stores were the only two places that sold this type of wreath. Just as I was going to give up, God answered my prayers. Both stores got in good shipments and we were able to get 86 wreaths all together. Very close to our goal. Oh how He provides.


No comments:

Post a Comment